Monday, August 9, 2010

Faith and our life here on earth

"You will never be completely happy on earth simply because you were not made for earth."  I saw that on a tweet from Max Lucado and could not agree more.  What a day that will be when we see His face and spend eternity worshipping Him.

I have been pondering where my faith is at and where it should be.  I feel that I am no where near the faith of Nehemiah stepping out of his great job to rebuild the walls.  Am I even near the faith of the priests that put their feet in the Jordan before the Lord parted it?  I fear not.

The Wild Goose Chase has been utterly convicting.  As was stated there, it is not well thought or well said good and faithful servant, but rather well DONE good and faithful servant.  God wants me to step out in faith and have a faith of action.  Often signs follow faith.  As the Smalltown Poets so aptly put it in their song Hold It Up To The Light (see song at the end of post), if we were given a vision would we ever have reason to use our faith?  The song goes on and on about how there's no choice if we don't make a move, how the signs are in sight once we step out, and how are choice is good when we move in His will.  The time is short and we do not have time to be stopped at the "crossroads."

Where will this faith take me?  How can I have the faith of those in Hebrews 11?  My prayer for this year is to have a faith that is not dead, but a faith of action and boldness.  As I see those around me leaving this world for the glories of Heaven, I am confronted with the desire and need to put that faith into action immediately.

May my hand be always to the plow for His glory!

HOLD IT UP TO THE LIGHT

It's the choice of a lifetime & I'm almost sure

I will not live my life in between anymore

If I can't be certain of all that's in store

This far it feels so right

I will hold it up & hold it up to the light,

Hold it up to the light, hold it up to the light



The search for my future has brought me here

This is more than I'd hoped for, but sometimes I fear

That the choice I was made for will someday appear

And I'll be too late for that flight

So hold it up & hold it up to the light,

Hold it up to the light, hold it up to the light



I said God, will you bless this decision?

I'm scared. Is my life at stake?

But I know if you gave me a vision

Would I never have reason to use my faith?



Now as soon as I'm moving & my choice is good

This way comes through right where I prayed that it would

If I keep my eyes open and look where I should

Somehow all of the signs are in sight

If I hold up the light



It's too late & to be stopped at the crossroads

Each life here & each a possible way

But wait & and they all will be lost roads

Each path's growing shorter the longer I stay



I was dead with deciding & afraid to choose

I was mourning the loss of the choices I'd lose

But there's no choice at all if I don't make my move

And trust that the timing is right

I will hold it up hold it up to the light

Hold it up to the light, hold it up to the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment