Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thoughts on a Tuesday

Twitter has inspired me in quite a few ways this week.  It is amazing to receive wisdom and inspiration from so few words written or quoted by solid men of God. 

Augustine wrote, “Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others.” Acts 20:35

I am so blessed because He is so faithful.  Why do I ever doubt?  He always provides above and beyond.  The glory of it all is that He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  His blessings and faithfulness in my life will never change.  I must be cheerfully generous with the abundance.

Joni Eareckson Tada: “I want to stay in the habit of 'glancing' at my problems and 'gazing' at my Lord.” Heb. 12:12

So often it is the other way around in my life.  If only my gaze was to the source of my help.  My soul would then be able to sing it is well.  "I will lift up my eyes to the hills, from where comes my help."  Psalm 121

"To grow a mature faith u must learn to trust that God is working in other's lives even when you disagree with them. "

"When offended by others tell God, not gossipers.Take it to the Throne, not the phone!God reduces hurt.Gossips reinforce it. "

"If you're praying about it God's working on it."

I am continually amazed at how the Lord convicts us through His word and through others when we need it.  The past month with all the divisions in my groups of friends and thus in the body of Christ, has reminded of the need to take it daily to the throne.  I can only trust from that point, knowing that He has heard my cry and will answer as His will desires.  In the meantime I must overflow with grace and forgiveness as Christ did.  Luke 6:38 reminds us to be merciful, to not judge or condemn, and to forgive lest we are not given the same.  I must do my part for "so far as it depends on YOU, be at peace with all men."  (Romans 12:18)  This can only come through humbling myself and putting others first.  I can, and will, do my part and leave the rest to Him who is able!

"God doesn’t respond to begging,bargaining,bribing,badgering,or bemoaning our problems.He acts when we BELIEVE." See Heb.11:6

I can not change God's will or His character.  No, I can only strive to conform my life to His desires and to be found growing in His likeness.  God will most definitely honor our belief and faith as it agrees with who He is.  When we are called to delight ourselves in the Lord it is our will conforming to His.  If we desire the same things as our Father, why would He not grant us those very things we so desire?  My prayer is to be found in accordance with His will, to again be acting in faith and belief, and to be in a daily process of refining and transformation that brings me closer to Him whose likeness I was created in. 

The harvest is ready.  It is time to enter the mission field of life.  Of this I am sure, that the Lord has me here for now.  HERE AM I; SEND ME!

"When the time comes to die, make sure that all you have to do is die!"

~Jim Elliot"

No comments:

Post a Comment